Friday, August 12, 2016

25w0d: Last Ultrasound?

I love Fridays. On Friday's, I get a new app update for my weeks of being pregnant. I know it's silly but I literally anticipate which new vegetable, pastry or "weird but cute" critter my Ovia app will tell me the baby is for that week -- I have other apps too, but this one sure is fun! Today, baby is the size of a prairie dog.
This little peanut is almost 14 inches long and is weighing in just under 2lbs. Per my readings, baby has an increased likelihood of surviving preterm birth at this point although we are not ready for her to make an appearance just yet! I honestly can't believe we're 25 weeks along (and I know I say that every time) but it's just so surprising and I honestly think I'm still dreaming.


Over the last week and weekend, we have gotten A LOT done...Hubby finished painting the nursery, assembled the crib and dresser/changing table. We got our registries going at Babies R Us and Target. We (I) also found almost all the décor for the baby's room and just need to start assembling and hanging pictures -- I'll have to make a separate post when the nursery is finished just for fun!


We also had our follow up ultrasound on Monday to get pictures of this little peanut's feet and umbilical cord insertion on her belly. She was vertex this time, so it was easier to get pictures -- she was still bouncing all over the place but, last time, she was breech and stubborn. Here are some pics!
How cute are these little feet? Side by side...perfect.

Here is one foot...you can count the bones/toes.

And, foot number two! Look at that arch, the big toe..so fun.

Love this picture!

This one is pretty cute too...during the "show," she kept arching her back and stretching out. It's almost like she's smiling in this one...look at those lips and that little button nose!! EEK!

For the next picture, you'll have to put on your imagination hats...it's 3D and she wasn't being very cooperative but we got one! The babe was pushed up against the left side of my belly and hugging the placenta, so it's not the best picture but once you see her face, it's awesome. Pretend that you're looking at someone straight on -- you'll be looking right in her eyes and should see a little button nose, mouth and a hand trying to cover up her mouth. Hope you can see it!

Don't worry, all that other "debris" isn't really there...it's just leftover junk because the ultrasound has to go through my skin, the placenta, etc. just to get to baby. It sounds like this will be the last ultrasound before we meet the little lady...unless something out of the ordinary arises and we need to check in on things. We can't wait to meet this babe...It's just going to be such a miracle to hold her in our arms and tell her we've been waiting for her for so long. AND nope, we don't have ANY names picked out. HA!

Other than that, all is going really well -- the doctor said to just keep doing what I'm doing. We do need to start thinking about birth plans, classes and what will happen once this little peanut is here. The next time I go in, I get to do the lovely glucose test...I'm trying not to stress about it because I can't really change the outcome...so it is what it is.

Soon to come, Nursery update with pictures :)

CHEERS TO 25 weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment