Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Now, we're getting somewhere...

Well, I have a few updates for you all...

Turns out M resigned from her position at the clinic and is pursuing opportunities in greener pastures. I honestly was heart broken because she has been our rock through this and now I'm nervous that we won't be treated the same or will be treated differently because she's not there. She was very upset when she had to tell me... I could hear so many of her emotions on the phone, sadness, guilt, happiness, anger...I honestly broke down a little bit (and I know she'll read this so, I apologize in advance)...but, I was thinking, "Can't you wait just another 3 weeks??" However, life goes on...we'll be fine. Everything she has lined up for us is set in stone and we'll be taken care of. I was just super bummed. Sounds like things were pretty intense and stressful from an internal perspective, which I get, and I'm happy she has found something new that will satisfy her needs better. I'm trying not to be selfish, but I loved pulling the "M" card :)

Anyways...I'm currently on day 8 of the Estrace. I've been bumped up to two pills a day or 4mg. In a couple days, I start the three pill regiment...morning, noon and night, 6mg a day to build up that lining.


I go into the clinic again on day 14 or August 31st to check my lining thickness and get my permanent marker circles drawn on my bum for my shots :) At this point, they will know if my uterus is on track to get an actual baby in there or if they need to give me more medicine to speed it up. THEN, they are hoping that Friday (Sept 4) will be trigger shot day and eggs will be retrieved on the 6th. CRA-CRAZY. That means, I'm most likely starting my PIO shots NEXT WEEK. AGH. *nervous*

I can't believe we're actually getting somewhere now...seems like we've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting...now, I can look at my little chart and check things off!! (love checking things off the list...Type A personality anyone??!?)

BUT, I did have a little set back this past weekend...(insert story here)...one of my best friend's got married and I was in the wedding. It was so much fun but we ate way too many bad foods and drank way too much liquor and had an AWFUL hangover...so, still, two days after we left their house, I'm still feeling like crap...tired, bloated, my body hates me. I guess that was my "last hoorah!" and now, I'm not going to eat bad and drink anything until I get a baby out of the deal (how many times have I said that?) BUT, for real. This is it. My body is yelling at my internally saying, "STOP FEEDING ME SHIIIIZ! I FEEL AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I'm going to listen this time... I think :) AND, I'm walking and doing yoga...so, watch out!



3 comments:

  1. Boo for M leaving but I'm so excited you guys are actually moving forward and checking things off. Transfer is going to be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about M leaving, I know she'll continue to follow your blog and cheer you on though. *hugs* Can't wait for your BFP

    ReplyDelete
  3. K, I love following your blog and more importantly, I love being in your life. I am beyond sorry at how the whole resignation panned out. Had things gone as planned, I would have still been there during your transfer time, ... but unfortunately it was not to be and this is something we'll talk about when I see you. Bottom line is ... we got you there!!!! It's really going to happen and I am never going away. I can and WILL still guide you and the happy, happy part of this is that when this baby arrives (and it WILL) ... I will have more time to spend - I feel a date night coming on with me babysitting :) Know that I am forever here for you. The peeps at the clinic are still my peeps and they will take the best care of you. So will your family, me and the big guy upstairs. Love you to the moon. ~M

    ReplyDelete