Friday, July 29, 2016

23w0d: Baby Fever...Oh Dear!

It's here....Baby Fever! (Is that even what they call it?) Oh my gosh...Not sure what hit but, I woke up this morning and all I want to do is buy things...I WANT IT ALL. Maybe, it's because it's Friday and I'm excited for the weekend...but, I want registries, I want clothes, I want the nursery to be done...I want to buy stuff for the nursery. I want the house to be clean and organized, I want the clutter to be gone. Hubby has to talk me off the ledge because now, that's all I want to do. THEN I get upset because we're gone every weekend and don't have time to do ANYTHING.


Is this what they call nesting? I looked it up on the big G and this is what it says...."Nesting is common and is considered to be an instinct to prepare for birth, but not all pregnant women experience the nesting instinct. It is common for women to get the urge to clean and organize during the spring, thus the old adage, “spring cleaning.” I'm not cleaning necessarily but we just bought a new house, so we're constantly fixing things, putting things way, etc. We bought a new sectional and kitchen dining room set. We put up a fence for the dogs and the baby (since our new house is on a pond). We've picked out paint colors and lights for the nursery, reconstructed the closets, etc...busy, busy. But, now, I want things to be put into place so I can rest easy knowing everything is done. I want to make sure we're registering and purchasing the right items, I want it all done NOW. I know this "feeling" will get stronger as time progresses but I just am so excited and almost energetic about it all, and a little stressed. Poor hubby :)

We did make this lovely purchase recently...or I did. Haven't even told hubby yet because he thinks I'm crazy and spend way too much money when I'm not supposed to. BUT, I just couldn't resist. I'm obsessed. It's a newborn outfit and if you haven't noticed, my Minnesotan accent always comes out, even when I type, and I say "OH DEAR!" all the time...this just suits us so well. PLUS, it has a deer on it and the baby will be born close to hunting season. Just perfect. Now, let's just hope it fits because I want her to wear this on her way home from the hospital! AGH! I just love it. But, back to nesting...I told my hubby last night that every weekend in August, when we are home, we need to make sure we are using our time and prepping for baby. We need to paint, we need to register, we need to clean...we need to get ready. You never know what will happen...so, we must be prepared!


Also, this baby must be having dance parties in my belly because Good Lord does she bounce around. I feel so much, it almost makes me feel like I have a little motion sickness at times! Hubby did want to feel her move yesterday, so we sat down on the couch and I figured out where she was in utero. He put his hand on my belly and I told him to apply some pressure and just wait. Each time she would move, I would ask him "Did you feel that?!" and his response would be, "No..." I'd look at him every time I could feel her and than finally he was like, "I think I felt it!" But, then he seemed kind of disappointed and not jumping for Joy. I was like, "ISN'T IT SOOOO COOL?!?!" He told me, "Well, I thought it was going to be like a fist pump...ya know, baby saying HEY DAD!" I just laughed because she's not strong enough to do that, so right now, it feels like little flicks on against your hand. I guess it was a little anti-climactic for hubby but he still thought it was pretty cool...those silly men of ours!


No comments:

Post a Comment