Friday, May 20, 2016

8w0d - First Ultrasound (April 15, 2016)

Well, I was nervous because I hadn't felt an ounce of nausea yet and many people report starting to get those symptoms around 6+ weeks...I was eating whatever I wanted and going to the bathroom a lot, still super tired and had crazy tender breasticles, but no nausea....UNTIL I got back from TX. Then it just hit me. I wasn't throwing up but man o man was I not feeling good. I'd be fine in the morning but by around 2pm it would hit me...then, it would last all night. So, I'd get home and just be worthless....my poor hubby. AND then the mood swings...oh the lovely mood swings. Now, I'm already a super sensitive person but geesh, I'd cry at anything...commercials, animals outside, the wind...good Lord. Then, it would switch to anger...everything just pissed me OFF. Blah....so, I guess I'm really prego. Ha!


With that being said, we had our first ultrasound today... I was soooooo nervous. OMG. This was it. This would tell us...SHOW us if this transfer really worked and whether or not there was a baby inside of me. We got to the clinic and of course my hubby was supposed to meet me there and he was late. I freaked out. I called. I texted. I called. I texted. He finally told me he was almost there so I went upstairs, went to the bathroom and waited. They called me back and hubby was still not there...so they took me back anyway and said they would find him before the doctor came in.


Hubby finally arrived and they sent him back into the room where I was half naked sitting on the table. Julie was our ultrasound tech and she's awesome -- she has been working with us the whole time we have been here, just like Heather. It's so nice to have people who want you to be successful and who are rooting for you around!


Dr. E came in and she was the one who did our actual transfer so it was nice to see her again...you could tell she was excited so we got on with it. As soon as they stuck the probe up in there, I saw a blob. It was different than seeing my normal uterus with a lining in it, it was literally a little round blob of white. Dr. E asked us, she said "Do you see it? That's your baby!" You could see the heart working and pumping, you could see the little nubs where arms and legs would soon sprout. You could see the head and umbilical cord. OMG this was really happening...and of course, I started crying and convulsing on the table yet again...so much so that Julie couldn't get a good measurement/reading until I settled down. The little peanut was measuring exactly 8w0d -- 17mm/0.67 inches.


Dr. E looked at my hubby and said, "There is a baby in there!" and all hubby could say was..."I see it." Ha! I told her that we were all in a little shock that this was happening. She told us, "Good job! You did it!" and I looked at her and said, "No... Good job to you! YOU did it!" and we all laughed. Oh happy day...She told us we can come back at 10w0d, have our last ultrasound and say good bye to Dr. C because if all is good, that's when they will kick us out of the clinic and we turn into normal people...can you believe it??


Here you go - here's our little peanut!




2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! Totally crying!!! (I'm catching up on these posts, my friend! I'm so so so so (so) excited for you!

    ReplyDelete