Monday, May 23, 2016

10w0d - Second Ultrasound (April 29, 2016)

Well, the nausea has decided to stay and keep me company....I have only thrown up once though. I'm not sure if it was because of the baby or because I came down with another LOVELY cold and I was trying to hack up a lung...but, I did puke. Other than the nausea, being super tired, and craving everything sweet -- maple donuts, cookies, gummy candy, etc. along with wanting to eat everything else in site, too, things are going good.


Today is my last ultrasound at our specialty clinic...this time, we got to the appointment and hubby wasn't late. We actually walked up together and I wasn't nervous at all. I went to the bathroom, got checked in and we were called back pretty quick. This time the tech was Kara and she's pretty cool -- she's the one who did my ultrasound on my bday with the good lining news!


We got all situated and Dr. C came in -- he was just giddy was excitement. So, you know the drill...insert probe now. Tada!! There is our little peanut...it was doing a dance, squirming and wiggling all around. Kara said, "You have got a wiggly little one in there!" The legs were kicking and twisting...must have been happy to see us all!


Here are some pics -- they did a 3D version today so it really looks like a BABY!









This last one is my favorite -- it's the side profile... you can see the head, the little button nose, arms, legs and the umbilical cord. I'm just in LOVE. The little peanut is now measuring a day ahead of schedule - 10w1d: 36mm/1.42 inches!!


After all was said and done, Dr. C sat with us...told me that he's taking me off of pelvic rest and we can now do everything normal like we used to -- exercise, whoopie ;)...he basically said that we can't screw this up. He also told me that he was going to test my blood and then most likely take me off of all supplementary medicine on Saturday/tomorrow -- no more injections, no more estrogen, no more progesterone...I couldn't believe it. I asked him if he was sure and said that the placenta should now me making it's own hormones and I will no longer need to take any extras. Crazy. It's hard to trust this process but it was built to work...so we just need believe. He also said we were done at the clinic and next week, I need to see my "real" OB and that we were now normal people. OMG. Dr. C did apologize for the process and it taking longer than expected but he asked us to send a birth announcement when the little "turkey" popped out on Thanksgiving!! We're going to have a Thanksgiving baby!!!


Baby G DUE NOVEMBER 24th - Thanksgiving DAY!! WHAT A BLESSING and miracle to be thankful for this year!!




2 comments:

  1. I just love them at that age in the 3D US! Gah!!!! Already in love with your precious baby! Yours and Olive are just going to be a year apart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aghhhh!!! Soooo excited :)

    ReplyDelete