Tuesday, July 12, 2016

20 Weeks (19w5d): Anatomy Scan Results

Well, well --- so much to talk about!


We had our Anatomy Scan last week on Wednesday, July 6th. We were technically 19w5d...typically, these scans are done between 20-21 weeks so, we were able to get in a little earlier than most.


Baby is good, healthy, normal. The heartbeat was 155bpm -- the last couple visits, it's been right around 150, so very consistent. Baby was measuring in at 10oz, ranking in the 45th percentile which is basically, smack dab in the middle, and great! Doc said that if we were to have waited a week or so, the weight would've gone up to 14-16oz and that we'd be surprised by how only a couple days makes such a difference with weight changes and growth at this point of pregnancy. But, again, no concerns whatsoever (and honestly, that's all we cared about...just wanted happy and healthy!). Also, my placenta is posterior so that is why I was able to feel the baby so early and now, so consistently. Doc said that as baby gets stronger, I'm going to feel so much movement that it most likely will keep me awake or I'll have trouble getting to sleep at night...lovely (BUT AWESOME!).


Our sonographer, Miranda, was an absolute gem. I literally walked into this appointment shaking and riddled with anxiety because I was so nervous something would be wrong. She calmed my nerves and really made the whole process very enjoyable. The only thing was that we have a very stubborn, stinker of a baby in this uterus. Baby did NOT want to cooperate. Every time Miranda wanted to get a belly picture, foot picture, heart picture...you name it, baby would flip and basically be like "SCREW YOU!" I was drinking lemonade and walking around the ultrasound room trying to get this little peanut to switch positions but baby just wanted to stick that butt up in the air, head down, spine up...I swear we worked on pictures for almost two hours. Miranda even had to move the table to an inverted position so it felt like I was standing on my head. Baby was extremely active and bounced around all the time --- maybe this baby will be a gymnast, because it was flipping and flopping and making things very difficult for Miranda to get good pictures. However, she did get the majority of them except for the umbilical cord insertion on the baby and feet photos. We met with Doc afterwards and he had no concerns at all...everything looked good and progress was right on track. Based on measurements, we were still on the same due date we got at the beginning of this journey. He said that if we wanted, we could come back in to get the last couple pictures, but it wasn't needed. So, of course, I said "SURE!" Why not come back and see baby again? Miranda said we could do some 3D pics too :)


It was so amazing to be able to see everything on the TV screen and the monitor all at the same time. Hubby's face just lit up when he realized, yet again, that this was really happening. Miranda asked us right away if we wanted to know the sex of the baby...before she could finish the question, hubby and I both said "YES" before she could even finish asking. We're not the kind of people who are able to keep secrets well...I think if we would've waited and had her put the gender in an envelope, I would've gone crazy. We weren't planning to have a gender reveal party either...just would try to take some pictures, once we knew the gender, to reveal to friends and family.


So, want to see some pictures?? These are the ones they printed for us, but I also have a whole CD (but, I haven't uploaded those yet...so maybe next time!):


This is a great pic and this is how baby wanted to be in order to not get pictures :)



















Profile time for baby...look at that little peanut NOSE! Hands are up by the face.




And here you have it....the money shot! Gender!!






It's a GIRL!!!! We're so excited...I cried on the table, convulsed actually. I can't even describe it! You should've seen my hubby's face :) Here are some of our gender pictures we took over the weekend to share the news with our friends and family:





It's a GIRL :)



1 comment:

  1. Isn't the scan just so much fun!!?? Since we didn't want to know the sex during the scan, we had to shut our eyes for a good portion of it, which sucked. I'm glad everything is good with baby GIRL! So amazingly excited for you!

    ReplyDelete