Friday, July 1, 2016

19w0d

19 weeks down...almost halfway done. I honestly am still in shock. Is this really happening? I try to cherish each day and remember everything that's going on because who knows, this could be the only time we go through this process.

How have things been going? Good. Really good. My energy has come back, I feel normal and I'm able to go almost all night without having to get up to pee every 2 hours. The only thing that has started to bug me a little is my water retention...I've noticed that when I over exert myself or eat bad foods consecutively, my feet and ankles turn into tree trunks. They get back to normal overnight but I need to pay attention to my sodium intake. I've only gained 5lbs so far, so that's good. I started out heavy so based on a standards website for pregnancy weight gain, I'm right on track.

I'm still having cravings for everything sweet...ice cream, maple donuts, gummy candy, cookies...you name it! And what's really funny is that I've NEVER been a sweets person... I was an olive eating, salt and vinegar chip kind of girl and that is not the case anymore.

I've been feeling the little peanut since week 15...but now, it's becoming more and more consistent. It honestly feels like someone is punking me and taking a feather to my belly for tickling pleasure. Sometimes I don't even realize it and I'm scratching my stomach trying to get the sensation to go away...then I'm like OH WAIT! THAT IS BABY. Crazy. I can't wait till I can feel the rolling motions of the ocean in there and when we can distinguish which limb is bumping and running into what.

We go in on Wednesday to do our 20 week ultrasound. Everyone at work, friends and family are so excited to know what the gender is of the little peanut. But, I honestly don't care about that...I just want to know we have a happy, healthy babe in there. We'll be happy with either gender...boy or girl, don't care. Although my hubby really wants a little girl...so we shall see!! Stay tuned :)

1 comment:

  1. You're totally having a girl. I'm calling it. LOL!!! That's the crazy thing, I was never really a sweets person. Bring on the chips and dip over cake anytime. But during my pregnancy I was constantly craving sweet stuff and even now, I do crave sweets more than I used to. You're having a girl. :)

    I'm so excited for your US! I've been praying that all goes well and you have a healthy baby report!

    ReplyDelete