Thursday, July 21, 2016

22w0d

As I sit here at work, not working, my mind can not turn off. All that goes through it is "what if's?," worries, concerns...It doesn't stop. Regardless of the day, time, place...it keeps plunging these horrifying ideas into my head. This brain, it does not shut down.

Up until this point, I have been somewhat calm...friends have actually made comments about how relaxed I seemed and level headed about the whole situation....you know, bringing a child into the world that you've basically been yearning for since the age of 5. I'm not sure what is happening this week, but good Lord. I wake up in the middle of the night with worry; during the day, if I don't feel this little peanut move as much as the day before, I freak out. We even felt the baby on the outside of my belly this week and you'd think that would be a huge exciting relief of JOY. But, now, every day I don't feel it or maybe I'm just not paying attention, I FREAK OUT.

I try to self meditate...to calm myself down...say a prayer, basically talk myself off the ledge and remember what is here and now. Usually that works but I'm not sure why this is happening all of a sudden. I want this pregnancy to be about the JOY and miracles it took to make it happen. I don't want to worry, be afraid, anxious or concerned.

I think we're finally realizing how long it took to get this far and how much was put into this baby. The money, the time, the tears, the laughter -- 12 years ago, when I was going through my battle with leukemia, I never knew the repercussions it would have and the spiral we'd be sent into when trying to start a family. Now, it's coming full circle and I just want to be thankful that we had options and that we got this far. But, instead my mind is going to deep, dark places that I don't even want to reiterate in writing or verbally.


My mantra from here on out? See below.




**Bumpies are updated!**

1 comment:

  1. It just blows my mind that you are 22 weeks. And I get that fear. Oh how I do. One day at a time. That's how I had to do it to manage my horrible anxiety that something was going to go wrong. But it sounds like everything is just going so great. I love the bible verse.

    ReplyDelete