Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Phone is Dead.

So, over our crazy weekend, my phone was demolished! Not really, but it doesn't work... it's out of business and the screen is broken. I can still hear when people call and see when there is a notification, but I can't do ANYHTING because the screen is black. I was soooo mad because all I wanted was the pictures from the phone from the weekend and they didn't get saved to my SD card AND we can't transfer them to the computer because I have to have a lock screen due to my work email being on my cell. SO, my engineer of a husband is going to figure it out (hopefully!) and get the phone unlocked...they are sending me a new one because I had insurance coverage - thank goodness! It's been nice to be "checked out" a bit from the world of social media. As long as people know how to get a hold of me, it's definitely less stressful not having to worry about checking my phone :)



With that being said, I had to email the clinic and let them know if they needed me ,to call my work phone or email. I guess it was a good thing that I did that because they had some more updates. Apparently, they are sending out a packet of info with all the details and RX's in them (but they told me 2 weeks ago this was being sent out back then but apparently, that was wrong). I'm still super confused and I'm sure it's because we haven't had our RN consult...but, I start to worry and have anxiety about it because it doesn't make any sense to me. *fret, fret, fret*

They told me yesterday that I actually do not need to do the Lupron injections due to my medical history. Of course, I was like "WHY NOT?!" (I was actually excited to start SOMETHING at the beginning of August) - I don't get it (mainly because I don't know what the drugs do, why we use them or for what reason because NO ONE HAS TOLD ME). Of course, I reached out to M and was like WTF?

She said that because my ovaries are not functioning, there is no need for down-regulation, therefore no need for Lupron (money saved - ca ching! $$). BUT, then I started questioning everything else...because if I'm not doing Lupron, I don't really have anything to start until August 18th. Then, they told me to stop by BC on August 12...but, then I was like, "I'm going to get a period!!!" and I guess they want me to have a lining shed prior to starting anything else. They then want me to come in on the 17th to measure my uterine lining because they want to start with a blank slate. She said at my baseline ultrasound, they want my lining to be thin so it can be watched to make sure it builds up to a good implantation thickness. Then, I start asking 'What if that's not enough time?' 'What if it doesn't work?!?!'

They will recheck again on the 31st and she said if it isn't enough time, they will push everything out slightly or add patches/other protocol to ensure it's thick enough. I just want to scream a little because you'd think that they would want people informed so they don't bug the clinic ALL THE TIME. ARG.

But, that's my little update today....we go in on August 5th at 8AM for the consult and the packet should arrive tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

Also, I forgot to mention that M got her drug reps to cover the costs of almost ALL of the donor meds! And because I don't need the Lupron, we're saving more money...which is GREAT.

 

1 comment:

  1. Squee for August 5th! That's so awesome for all the med coverage! I hear you, I always felt so lost at the beginning of cycles because I dont think they do a good job at keeping you in the loop. I think that's a lot of clinics unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete