Tuesday, July 14, 2015

After the OK

Since we gave the "OK" yesterday, things are sure flying by! The clinic has been in touch via email and phone updating us on next steps each day, preparing all of our information for the Attain program, and helping with financing. They have been extremely helpful with my husband who only sees in black and white, especially when it comes to the monetary aspect of things :) I'm honestly getting extremely excited when initially I was fearful. The clinic said that as soon as Attain approves our medical application (which usually only takes 24 hours), we'll be able to sit down and start putting dates together, figuring out medications, and basically scheduling the transfer...HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!!!! It's also nice that we took out our loan with a company/bank that works specifically with Attain - they do all the communication, payments, and correspondence; all we have to do is pay the bills. Super Simple (but, we did have our issues initially :))

I even received a random email from my dad today...we were talking about some other things going on in life and he basically said to not worry about pleasing everyone else and to only do what is right for you. After all the things I was afraid of, his approval being one of them, he sends this email to me not even know what we're going through. It made me think that maybe he turned over a new leaf and would be more accepting of our decision, when we do decide to tell him, knowing that we can only do what's best for us and our family. His words, verbatim, "You can't worry about pleasing everyone. If you do, you're going to go crazy. You have to do what you have to do. If people can't understand that, then it's too bad!" Nice.

OK...I'm totally bringing out the "FREAKIN' AWESOME" pic again :) Yes. Sometimes I feel like I'm riding on a white unicorn over a rainbow of happiness and screaming my success to the world...other days, I feel like I'm lurking underneath a dark bridge, on a sidewalk somewhere, shaking my coffee cup at strangers asking for a penny!




 

4 comments:

  1. Here's hoping that Attain approves ur application quickly and u can move forward. As for ur dads email I think we can a message when we need it the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks jojo! You're so right :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hugs* Hoping this all works out for you. You deserve this so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @DreamChase, we got approved this morning and all paper work has been submitted...just waiting to get things scheduled now. Keep sending over positive though...how all works out too!

    ReplyDelete