Sunday, July 12, 2015

Take My Hand and Lead Me On

This morning hubby and I woke up, got ready for the day, made breakfast and went to church. Things were the same as usual, the sun was out and the radio played. We both knew that this was the last day before we had to make our final decision for our donor...no more extensions, no more questions, no more excuses. Financing has been decided, payments have been planned. All we need to do now is say, "YES." 

It's hard to believe we are actually at the point where we can move forward comfortably in the direction of our dreams and goals. Yet, I was at church this morning and a song was sung that spoke to my heart...my tears poured out over my cheeks and lips. The kind of tears that just happen in the moment. The kind you do not necessarily want to shut off or wipe away. The kind of tears that mean you are actually feeling something and having a significant moment in your life. The kind of tears that gently are released and slowly make their way to the ground. The words hit home -- we're in a process of waiting because we are pilgrims on a journey. But, as long as I understand that there is a bigger, greater being in control, lifting my head above the waves and keeping me from stumbling. Guiding me in my times of weakness and giving me the strength to push through, guarding my soul and taking my hand to lead me in the direction of what He knows is the right path. 

Take a listen to the song, maybe it will reach a part of you like it did for me:




Music has always been an outlet for my mind, body, and soul. When I sing, it opens up my heart and soul like an internal massage for my entire bodily system. Without music, I would not be able to function, breathe, or live. It is a part of me every day and every minute. I dream about being able to rock my child to sleep, to soothe them with my voice...with melodies flowing through my mouth onto the ears of a sleeping baby just like my mother did for me as a child. My mom taught me how to sing by sharing her gift of harmony. By showing me what it means to carry a tune, to sing in front of an audience, to not be afraid to let my sound be heard. She taught me that music can touch your heart and soul, it can release happiness, sadness, anger. It is a way of praying, of talking to God, of being one with yourself. I want to do that for my children...I want them to hear my voice ringing through the rooftops, I want them to join in and not have a care in the world. 

Tomorrow is the day. Tomorrow we make the decision. Tomorrow we take another tiny step forward on this long journey. And even though at times, I feel like I'm coming undone and the walk can sometimes feel lonely, I will find hope and stand my ground knowing that no matter what, the Lord can hear our cries and His love is lifting us above all things. This song says it better....




I guess I should've called this post "MUSIC" :) Here we go!

2 comments:

  1. I have faith that u will be able to share this same bond with ur future child(ren). And they will love it as much as u did when ur mother passed it on to u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shared my thoughts with my mom and she cried over the phone and thanked me for expressing the kind words and memories I thought she knew. ..what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete