Thursday, June 25, 2015

5 months.

We're officially into month five of waiting, of going through the motions, of taking hormones and trying to lose weight. Are you getting sick of me telling you we're still waiting? I sure am...We've been on the donor list for five months now, when they initially told us it would take 3-4 months for them to find a donor and get the process started.

When we first met with the Clinic and Dr. C, they said 8-10 months..so when we actually got on the list and they told us 3-4 months, we were psyched (well, I was)! Yea...so far, they were wrong. Apparently, with these new required tests, the whole process has been slowed down...every single donor had to get re-tested, re-screened and when the results are in, they get put back into the data base...so, of course, this slows down the process. Also, because we know someone, we get the insider scoop...sounds like the donor egg coordinators are short handed. Someone just retired and they hired a new person that quit...so there is technically only one person dealing with all of the donors, all of the recipients, all of the male partners, etc. No wonder why we don't hear anything...I guess every business, regardless of if you're a clinic/hospital, retail store or bank...they all go through the ebbs and flows of turnover and internal politics.

On a side note...I've been having the weirdest cravings ever. I mean weird. AND I'm not even pregnant yet...good Lord. I literally woke up the other day wanting Oreos dunked in peanut butter. I NEVER EAT OREOS or PEANUT BUTTER. All I want to do is eat the peanut butter right out of the jar. Dip my pointer finger in, swipe the sides and plunge the creamy butter into my mouth over and over again. Gross. I know, especially if others are eating it too...but, that's all I want. I also want to warm it up and then drip it off the spoon into my mouth. How odd??

Image result for peanut butter oreos

OMG. I'm totally going to go get the jar right now....goodness.


No comments:

Post a Comment