Friday, June 19, 2015

Tough Stuff.

Stuff is tough. Life is tough. Living is tough. Being happy is tough. Being sad is tough. Being angry is tough. Being in love is tough. Being lonely is tough. Being scared is tough. But, yesterday I found out another thing that was really tough...Something that never really crossed my mind yet. 

A while back, a friend from high school found out she was pregnant. Now, I'm not super close with this person but keep in touch via Facebook and see her every once and a while when I go back to my hometown. Just last week, she was posting pictures of her super cute baby bump. Her and her husband, have had ultrasounds, have commented on the baby's movement and the growth from week to week. Everyone was so happy and exited...this was last week, at week 16.  Yesterday, her and her husband delivered their baby at 17 weeks. He was a baby boy...8 inches long and 5 ounces in weight but didn't make it through the night. They posted a picture online last night and it broke my heart. I instantly started to cry and couldn't stop the flow of tears. 

Never once did it cross my mind that this could happen and I'm not sure why...there are so many risks to all things. Regardless of how you get pregnant and what's going on in your life, you never know what is going to happen. There are risks to everything at anytime. Anything could happen. 

This poor, newly married couple was so excited that they were pregnant and expanding their family and then CRASH, their world fell apart. 4+ months into their pregnancy, CRASH all the walls came tumbling down. I can't imagine knowing you're pregnant...the excitement, the anticipation...and then it's gone. It's sad. It's broken. I don't know what it'd do....especially if I knew I didn't have issues. I guess now, knowing that we do have issues...there are more risks, and we anticipate them versus see them as surprises. I hope we never had to deal with a situation like this and I truly empathize with anyone who has had to deal with these awful situations....I know that there is a Plan and we have to have faith that all things will be the way they are meant to be. 

My heart goes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment