Wednesday, May 25, 2016

13w0d (March 20, 2016)

OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG.


The first trimester is DONE. I can't believe it. I'm so happy and thankful to have gotten this far...I just keep praying every day that things keep going well and the little peanut keeps growing, big and strong!


Everything has started to get better - my nausea has tapered off, my energy is coming back and I started to sleep a lot better (for now). I get nervous though because some days it doesn't feel like I'm pregnant anymore...I mean, I know that's silly but, I forget sometimes. Well, for like a millisecond. I even asked some friends if that was normal and they keep telling me that the second trimester is the best...I'm just ready for my belly to pop. I want it to look like I'm prego instead of just gaining weight :) Ha!


We did start taking bi-weekly bumpies -- I have added a first trimester "Page" at the top of the blog if you want to see some progress pics!


Other than that, I don't have much to report...I'm scheduled to see my OB every 3-4 weeks. Technically, we're "high risk" but not really...everything is normal with the pregnancy but since we went through all the IVF and specialty procedures, we get categorized as that. Like I said before, our OB is great...he told me that right now I'm in a phase where I'm starting to feel better but I still can't feel the baby because it's too early. So, if I ever get nervous to just come on in and hear the heartbeat! He's so understanding. Just love it!


Now that I'm feeling better, I'm really going to try and eat well and make better decisions. When I wasn't feeling good, I ate whatever I wanted and didn't have a care in the world...I just wanted comfort food and junk. So, lets see if I can make better decisions :)


Well, I think we're all caught up now...sorry for the delay with posts but I wanted to be sure we got to a good place before I told the world what was happening. Please keep sending many thoughts and prayers this way that all goes well and smoothly. We've waited so long to get to this point and I'm so thankful for everyone's support!







No comments:

Post a Comment