Thursday, May 19, 2016

Texas Travel for Work....and I'm 7 weeks pregnant.

Well, BETA#3 is complete...I'm waiting to have my first ultrasound on the 15th...and guess what? I have to travel for work....CRAZY. I asked the docs if it was OK and they said it was just fine but to be sure to get lots of water and walk around on the plane if I could. I had to travel to Texas for the biggest tradeshow of the year -- this show is a booze filled party and of course, I can't drink because I'M ALMOST SEVEN WEEKS PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Now, if any one was good at keeping secrets, it's me...but when it's a fun, happy, exciting secret...it's REALLY HARD to keep. Especially because I'm a skilled drinker and the life of the party! So, I traveled for work...I got on the plane, brought all my injectable medicine through security (I was scared about that but it went just fine, no questions asked), got the TX and checked into my hotel. I met all our other co-workers -- some came from home, some from other states.


Surprisingly, the week actually went well, I did have to fill in a few folks on the secret so they could help get me "fake" drinks while out with customers and other co-workers so no suspicions were risen. Vodka, soda water and a lime for me please, hold the Vodka! I called the "I'm super tired" card a lot of the time so I didn't have to worry about staying out late and I had to make sure I stayed on schedule for my meds...by the end of the week, I was excited to be done.


Instead of going home, I actually was able to head down to Austin to visit one of my best friends -- she knew about the secret so didn't have to worry about spilling the beans with her! Instead, we decided to eat our lives away...have you ever heard of Gourdoughs?? It's a donut FOOD TRUCK. Yes, we indulged here. OMG.


It was a great trip and I'm glad I had something to do in between my betas and that first ultrasound....now, only a few more days to go :)

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! I didn't know that trip was so crazy! Like, full of stuff. Glad you made it and had yummy doughnuts :)

    ReplyDelete